Laici Libertari Anticlericali Forum

Church community dealing with sex crimes by former leaders

« Older   Newer »
64less
view post Posted on 30/8/2011, 22:29

Church community dealing with sex crimes by former leaders

A church community is struggling to recover from allegations that two of their former leaders sexually abused young girls.

47-year-old Albert Chambers Junior is already behind bars, but now it's his father, who could be facing the same.

CBS 21 spoke to one of Albert Chambers Senior's alleged victims Tuesday.

That's right, one woman we spoke to told us she's speaking out about the abuse she suffered, in hopes of helping others.

“I've been with this church since I was a kid and that's been almost 46 years,” explained the victim.

It was back then, when this woman was a child, that she says Albert Chambers Senior, a former deacon at Antioch Tabernacle Church in Harrisburg, sexually abused her. As his alleged victims open up about what they say happened many years ago, their church seems to want to move on.

“I'm part of the church but I’m a victim also. I cannot just move on for me, I have to continue fight for me and for the other victims.”

Albert Senior's son, Albert Chambers Junior, was charged earlier this month for reportedly having inappropriate relations with two teenage girls in his home. Victims of Chambers Senior say they want to see the same for their abuser, who they say has moved to North Carolina and probably won't be charged because the alleged crimes happened outside the statute of limitations

“He needs to be dealt with also because you just can't do these things,” the victim responded.

As the Dauphin County District Attorney continues their investigation into the case, for alleged victims both young and old, there is healing that needs to be done.

“It's really hard because when I come here and I see everyone on Sunday or whatever activities we may be having no one says anything, nothing, so I feel like I'm on my own,” the victim concluded.

FONTE: www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Chur...01QX31u50A.cspx

0 replies since 30/8/2011, 22:29   1546 views